Association of Avian Veterinarians, Australasian Committee
AAVAC Board 2019
The 2019 Directors are Anthony Chamings (President/Chairperson), Melinda Cowan, Kathy Fearnside, Stacey Gelis, James Harris, Melanie Leech (Vice President/Vice Chairperson), and Shane Raidal (Secretary/Treasurer).
Associate Directors: Michael Cannon, Kathryn Loughlin
- Appointed by member vote
- Directors to choose chairperson
- Responsible for management of the AAVAC as stated in the constitution, section 12, as this applies to all AAVAC activities aimed at meeting the company’s goal of promoting and advancing avian medicine and stewardship.
Secretary, Treasurer, Public Officer
AAVAC Ltd. (Shane Raidal)
- Appointed by the Directors of AAVAC Ltd.
- Responsible for ensuring that AAVAC Ltd. meets all legal requirements of incorporation, processes membership applications, maintains the AAVAC website and performs whatever other duties are deemed necessary by the directors.
- Responsible for maintenance of the financial accounts of AAVAC Ltd.
- This person is a legal requirement for a Company, who serves as the point of contact for the Australian Taxation Office and Australian Securities and Investments Commission.