COMBINED CONFERENCE OF THE ASSOCIATION OF AVIAN VETERINARIANS, UNUSUAL PET AND AVIAN VETERINARIANS AND ASSOCIATION OF REPTILIAN AND AMPHIBIAN VETERINARIANS
CAIRNS, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
APRIL 22 - 24, 2014
FIELD TRIP APRIL 25 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS - SEE CONFERENCE PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION OR CLICK HERE
Association of Avian Veterinarians - Australasian Committee.
Advancing and Promoting Avian Medicine and Stewardship.
The AAVAC was formed in October 1990 and acts as a subcommittee of the Association of Avian Veterinarians.
Mission Statement: The Association of Avian Veterinarians is an international professional organization of practitioners advancing and promoting avian medicine, stewardship, and conservation through education of its members, the veterinary community and those they serve.
Slogan: "Advancing and promoting avian medicine and stewardship."
Purpose: Education of small animal practitioners with an interest in avian medicine.
- Bird owners are educated in the responsible care of their charges.
- Companion birds are perceived as valuable, intelligent and attractive pets.
- Pet bird ownership is encouraged through increased availability of captive-bred birds.
- Species and their natural habitats are preserved.
- All companion birds are propagated domestically under conditions to ensure an optimum quality of life.
- Avian practitioners increase their competence and confidence in their knowledge and skills.
- Birds and the public benefit from communication and interaction between veterinarians and the suppliers of birds and avian products.
- The Association of Avian Veterinarians possesses the resources, respect, credibility and influence needed to accomplish its mission.
- Bird owners and stewards will understand the value of quality veterinary care
- Veterinarians and their organizations will pursue the preservation of species and their habitats
- There will be an increased number of veterinarians competent in avian medicine
- Avian veterinarians will continually enhance and refine their clinical and professional knowledge and skills
- Veterinarians and their clients as well as educators and researchers involved in avian medicine, will have access to appropriate, relevant technical information and insight
- AAV will possess the credibility, respect, influence, and resources needed to accomplish its mission